Facts at a glance
The client looked to automate and streamline its student admissions process in order to provide a seamless and more efficient process to attract and retain the best students from around the world.
- Platform that integrated with client’s Student management system, CRM and automation tools.
- Online fee payments enabled through integration of payment gateways
- Intuitive student and staff portals
- Dynamic business rules for automating and updating system of records
- Seamless digital experience
- Accelerated time to student acceptance
- Payment process enabled online
Insight’s Digital Innovation solutions help clients digitally transform their business operations to improve customer engagement and experience.
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is recognised as a top 100 university, with a vision of being a top 50 University by 2050.
To achieve this, UWA recently launched a program to transform its Student Experience, kicking off with the ‘Future Students’ project; with a goal of ensuring the University is able to attract and retain the best students from around the world.
Increasing competition in the local and international student market has driven the need to become more effective at attracting students, and convert this to higher acceptance rates by offering an automated and more efficient process for prospective students to accept and pay for their offers of study from the University.
Seamless Prospective Student Engagement
Insight was appointed to develop a user-centric solution to provide a seamless prospective student journey from receipt of course offer letter through to commencement of enrolment.
• Online fee payments were enabled through the integration of payment gateways, OneStop Secure and Western Union.
• Intuitive and user friendly student and staff facing portals were created to intelligently surface information from the integrated systems to allow for an instant and centralised viewing of student identity, application status, offers, fees and payments that ultimately simplify and accelerate the application processing time for a better student acquisition experience.
• Driven by business rules, the system dynamically generates individual student contracts allowing students to accept with a simple click. The contract is then copied to the student and automatically stored in the system of record.
"We have been really impressed by the results of the project that Ignia [an Insight Company] has delivered to help automate and simplify our student admissions process. The process was burdened by a lot of manual paperwork for both our students accepting their study contracts as well as behind the scenes for our staff to process the acceptances. The online system that now automates acceptance and payment has dramatically improved our student experience and accelerated time to acceptance as well as cash flow. Ignia [an Insight Company] has been a key strategic partner and we are excited to continue our digital transformation initiatives to achieve further great outcomes."
Aaron Collyer, Head of Digital & Creative Services, UWA